“We need each other’s stories to stand strong in the middle of the river.” —Terry Tempest Williams
Have you ever felt out-of-place at Umpqua Community College? Have you ever felt disrespected because of your identity? Your story is important, and by sharing it you can help affect change at UCC. We’re here to listen, and to work to create a safe place for you and everyone else on our campus.
Click on the fillable form below and tell us about your experience. You will be asked for your name and contact information, but providing it is optional. We understand that sometimes you just want to be heard, and we respect that. Additionally, we promise the following:
1. We will never share your identity or contact information, ever.
2. We will not contact you unless you ask us to, or if we fear for your safety.
3. Your story is yours to tell. We want to share your story, but only if you give us permission to do so.
4. If you give us permission to share your story, all identifying details will be removed.
5. If you give us permission to share your story, we will leave it in your voice, or, if you ask us to, we will ghostwrite it for you.